Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ravelympics 2008-Final!

I did it! I finished all 3 events! Rubbernecker Gold for me! I enjoyed the whole Ravelery event! I can't wait until the 2010 Winter Ravelympics!
The 1st event was the Hat Dash. My submission was the Hannah Hat. I made it out of Patons Shetland Chunky yarn in the blue jean colorway. I loved the pattern. It worked up super fast. The whole hat took my less than one evening. I love the yarn. I will work with it a again. Mini-me loved the finished project. In fact the Knit group I go to on Saturdays loved the hat. It fits a wide range of heads. In all a great project! Two thumbs way up!
Next Ravelympic event Homestuff Hammerthrow. This one did not go so well. I made knitted dish scrubbies out of tulle and Sugar & Cream yarn in the breeze coloway. I had thought these would be a fairly simple project. Quick and easy. My needles constantly were getting caught in the tulle. It was a mess. The only good thing I can say about this project is that me hands were really soft and smooth when I finished. These 4 lil' things took my 3 days. UGH! So my review is 2 thumbs way down.
Last but not least is my Sock Put entry. I made ZigZag Lace Pedi Socks out of Berroco Comfort DK yarn. I broadened my knitting mojo with this event. I had never done a long tail cast on. I have now. I do not like the heel flap for turning heels. but I did that too. This pattern is a really well written easy pattern to follow. I was not happy with the yarn. It kept splitting on me. It is however machine washable and super soft to the touch. But I doubt that I buy any more. So this project has mixed reviews. 1 thumb up (for the pattern) and 1 thumb down (for the yarn).

No comments:

Post a Comment